Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Memoir

A memoir is a first person written autobiography. It was less formal than an actual writing about someone else or something else it is written about yourself. A memoir is how people remember other peoples lives. It is shorter than an acutal autobiography that explains everyones entire life, it tends to capture the important points of a persons life. Sometimes memoirs can be emotional since emotion is sometimes the basis of a lot of our lives.
Writing a memoir would be valuable to me. I would like to express the most important aspects of my life in a "shorter" autobiography. I would not feel necessary to include every detail about me but just what makes me the person I am today. Some of my details could be negative or positive. Sometimes the best things in life come from negative times, or the best from positive. I will not exxagerate my ideas, because a memoir is supposed to have importance and real information in the context. I would include a lot of detail to express my points as being valid and important. In order to keep my ideas from drifting away from being false, I would try to brainstorm on ideas from my childhood, and how they impacted me and the person I am today. I would explain how as I grew into an adult what turned me in the right direction and why I do things I do in my everyday life now.

No comments: